Friday, April 22, 2011

Being in Melbourne, thinking of Paris, but happy with my lot...

 My little piece of Paris in Abbotsford (Cnr Johnston & Clarke Sts)
I step over or around this abandoned Cafe terrazzo on my way to work each week
at the Uni of Melbourne Early Learning Centre, just near the divine Abbotsford Convent
and am transported back to Paris where I spent 3 wonderful weeks last April...

 Crinolenne Lady with Cherry Blossoms and Waratahs, Beijing dragon's head c 1910, Peacock and French silk pansies c early 1900s, French Pomegranite in blue and white and Willow Pattern in brown and green.

 Fresh cuttings on my journal - I'm struggling with the branch for
my latest bird and these delicate yellows and whites are to be incorported in the last
of her tail feathers (it's after Ellis Rowan's 'Raggi's Bird of Paradise').

a beautiful watercolour by the wonderfully wimsical Maira Kalman
It's always good to remember "I have enough"!


2 comments:

  1. So glad to find you and this beautiful blog. Bless your heart Louise, you are a star. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo Jo,
    sorry I havent' replied to this before now, not much of a blogger really!
    hope all's well with you
    love
    Louise

    ReplyDelete